Good things all round:
1. We had cake at work yesterday. There is no day which cannot be made more bearable with cake.
2. I saw a very enjoyable movie last weekend -- Bend It Like Beckham
. Much fun. Highly recommended, especially on a Saturday matinee. It's a perfect matinee movie.
3. I almost sort-of kept my March resolution, which was to be more social and initiate more social events (because if I wait for other people to initiate, it often ends up being things I don't want to do, like big-ass parties). Part 1 actually went fine -- there was a game night (sidebar: what is more fun than playing games? We played Deadwood (from Cheapass Games
) and Personal Preference and it was brilliant), and brunch, and the birthday party, and a girly makeover night/goodbye gathering. Okay, there were also at least 2 things that I bailed on, but still, it's a start. Part 2 didn't really happen. At all. I did attempt to sign people up for a post-dance class dinner, but the right night hasn't happened yet. Hopefully this month, because I'm craving the green beans in black bean sauce. Still, I get half a point for this month, which makes me happy.
4. Speaking of girly makeover nights, it was so wonderful to see my friends last night. I will miss SJ; I really wish we'd had a chance to become better friends, but that's my fault, because I never know how to take a casual friendship to the next level. But she gave good makeover, even if my eyelashes turned into defenders of the fort every time she tried to get near them with an eyelash curler. [Sliding off topic here, it was fun looking all glam with the makeup, and I realized it's not that I don't want to wear makeup, it's that I don't want to have to go to all the effort of putting it on. Yes, that's right, once again the answer is that I'm just lazy.]
5. I missed the snow. Yes, it snowed yesterday, after fooling us with weeks of beautiful spring-like weather. Luckily (or is that "luckily"?), I have no windows at work, so I didn't have to witness the travesty, although I hear it was quite the snowstorm. By the time I went outside it was completely washed away, though, so I'm going to pretend it's still spring. [Ed. note: I wrote this yesterday before I left work, and at the time it was all true, but this morning I woke up to massive amounts of flaky white stuff, which was still falling when I got in to work. It's all wrong.
6. Elaine Stritch!!! Yes, the woman "who puts the broad in Broadway" is coming to town in June. I realize that's 2 months away, but happiness at seeing Elaine Stritch deserves a decent amount of lead time.